South of the Border Frittata//mpr($recipeDetails); ?>
Time: 52 min Prep: 12 min
- 3 Mission® Small/Fajita flour tortillas, chopped into 1 inch squares
- 1/2 cup Mission® salsa (hot, medium or mild)
- 8 Eggs, large
- 1/3 cup Milk, low fat
- 1 tsp. Ground Chipotle Pepper
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- 5 Sausage links, brown and serve low fat, cooked (50% less fat), diced
- 1 medium Potato, peeled and diced
- 1 medium Sweet Onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Green Pepper, diced
- 1 cup Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, chopped tortilla squares and chipotle pepper. Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- 3Heat the oil in a 12 inch heavy, oven safe non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add the diced sausage, potatoes, onions and peppers. Saute mixture until tender, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Spray skillet pan with vegetable cooking spray (to prevent eggs from sticking to sides and bottom of pan). Pour the egg mixture into the skillet; stir to cover the potatoes, vegetables and sausage. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the frittata is set (the eggs should be just firm and starting to puff up), 10-15 minutes. Remove skillet from oven, spread salsa evenly on top, and then sprinkle with cheese. Preheat broiler, return frittata to the top rack, about 6 inches from the heat, and cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- 5Allow frittata to sit for about 3-5 minutes to firm up. Run a spatula along sides and bottom to loosen. Slide to a cutting board or large flat plate. Cut into 8 wedges, sprinkle with sliced green onions. Serve warm or at room temperature.